Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My First Art Doll!

I made my very first art doll today!!! I am so excited... I now just have to put the finishing touches on it and I'll be done. Her name will be "Survivor," in honor of breast cancer awareness month. Her dress is pink - the official color of breast cancer awareness. In one hand she holds a Circle with dangling Swarovski crystals symbolizing friends and family (the old Girl Scout songthat goes "a circle is round, it never ends - that's how long you will be my friend..." popped into my head as I was making her). In the other hand she holds a lion, symbolizing her courage and strength. Circling her wrist is a bracelet of glass seed beads. Her face was made by Willow Moon out of polymer clay. I am going to add a tiny religious charm to the back of her "head", signifying faith. I think it's a catholic charm, I'm not sure (as I am not catholic).I think it shows the Virgin Mary. I am just meaning for it to signify faith of any kind (not to mention it was the smallest one I have). She will also have a sterling silver awareness ribbon necklace. I am so very excited about her... pictures to come tomorrow when she is finished!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home